Mohammad Pourmahmood Aghababa, PhD
Professor at Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Urmia University of Technology, IRAN
Researcher at Faculty of Engineering, University of Windsor, CANADA
- Dr. Aghababa has been nominated by ISI-ESI to be one of the top 1% best researchers of the world in 2019 (He had the same achievement in 2017 and 2018).
- Dr. Aghababa has been appointed to Technical Committee of the 2020 12th International Conference on Computer and Automation Engineering (ICCAE 2020) which will be held at Sydney, Australia during February 14-16, 2020 (www.iccae.org).
m.p.aghababaee.uut.ac.ir; mp.aghababauwindsor.ca; m.p.aghababagmail.com.
• PhD: Electrical Engineering (Major Control Engineering), University of Tabriz.
• MSc: Electrical Engineering (Major Control Engineering), University of Tabriz.
• BSc: Biomedical Engineering, University of Isfahan.
Affiliations & Positions
• Researcher, Faculty of Engineering, University of Windsor, CANADA, 2019-Current.
• Researcher, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, University of Nantes, FRANCE, 2018-2019.
• Full Professor, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Urmia University of Technology, IRAN, 2018-Current.
• Associate Professor, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Urmia University of Technology, IRAN, 2014-2018.
• Assistant Professor, Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Urmia University of Technology, IRAN, 2011-2014.
• Research Director, Urmia University of Technology, IRAN, 2011-2018.
Selected Honors and Awards
* Awarded research funding grant by University of Windsor, Ontario, Canada (2019).
* The youngest full professor among all universities of Ministry of Science, Resaerch and Technology of Iran (2018).
* Awarded research funding grant by University of Nantes and Electricity Transmission Operator (RTE) of France, France (2018).
* One of the top 1% highly cited researchers of the world in engineering field reported by ESI-ISI (2017, 2018 & 2019 ).
* Outstanding researcher in West Azarbayjan State, Iran.
* Excellent Reviewer for several International ISI journals.
* Excellent author for several International ISI journals.
* Selected as a member of Iranian National Elites Fundation.
* Awarded PhD scholarship by Ministry of Science, Resaerch and Technology of Iran.
* First rank student among 39 Master students at University of Tabriz.
* Controller and Observer Design (Nonlinear, Robust, Adaptive,Optimal and Lyapunov-based methods)
* Machine Learnings (Neural Networks, Fuzzy Logic, Heuristic Optimization)
* Robotics and Mechatronics
* Autonomous Systems
* Hybrid and Switched Systems
* Fractional-order Calculus and Control
* Control and Identification of Power Systems and networks
* Information Technology (Image, Signal and Data Processing)
Selected ISI Journal Papers
- M.P. Aghababa, Twofold Sliding Controller Design for Uncertain Switched Nonlinear Systems, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems, (2019) Doi: 10.1109/TSMC.2019.2895099.
- M. Roohi, M.H. Khooban, Z. Esfahani, M.P. Aghababa, T. Dragicevic, A switching sliding mode control technique for chaos suppression of fractional-order complex systems, Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control, (2019) 0142331219834606.
- M.P. Aghababa, Finite time control of a class of nonlinear switched systems in spite of unknown parameters and input saturation, Nonlinear Analysis: Hybrid Systems, 31 (2019) 220-232.
- M.P. Aghababa, Controlling fluctuated chaotic power systems with compensation of input saturation: application to electric DC machines, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 141 (2018) 011012.
- M.P. Aghababa, Stabilization of a class of cascade nonlinear switched systems with application to chaotic systems, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control, (2018), doi: 10.1002/rnc.4104.
- S. Mirzajani, M.P. Aghababa, A. Heydari, Adaptive T-S fuzzy control design for fractional-order systems with parametric uncertainty and input constraint, Fuzzy Sets and Systems (2018), doi: 10.1016/j.fss.2018.03.018.
- M.P. Aghababa, Sliding mode control composite with disturbance observer for tracking control of mismatched uncertain nDoF nonlinear systems, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, (2017), doi: 10.1109/TMECH.2017.2781624.
- M.P. Aghababa, Stabilization of Canonical Systems Via Adaptive Chattering Free Sliding Modes With No Singularity Problems, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Systems (2017) Doi: 10.1109/TSMC.2017.2782767.
- M.P. Aghababa, Optimal design of fractional-order PID controller for five bar linkage robot using a new particle swarm optimization algorithm, Soft Comput (2015) Doi: 10.1007/s00500-015-1741-2.
- M.P. Aghababa, A fractional sliding mode for finite–time control scheme with application to stabilization of electrostatic and electromechanical transducers, Applied Mathematical Modelling (2015) Doi: 10.1016/j.apm.2015.01.053.
- B. Hashtarkhani, M.P. Aghababa, M. J. Khosrowjerdi, Design of a robust nonlinear controller for a synchronous generator connected to an infinite bus, Complexity (2015) Doi: 10.1002/cplx.21648.
- M.P. Aghababa, A fractional–order controller for vibration suppression of uncertain structures, ISA Trans 52 (2013) 881–887.
- M.P. Aghababa, S. Khanmohammadi, G. Alizadeh, Finite–time synchronization of two different chaotic systems with unknown parameters via sliding mode technique, Appl Math Model 35 (2011) 3080–3091.
Selected International Conference Papers
- M.P. Aghababa, N. Zamani, V.E. Balas, Nonlinear Fault Tolerant Control Design for Multimachine Power Systems, Accepted for presentation in 21st International Conference on
System Theory, Control and Computing ICSTCC 2017, October 19 - 21, 2017, ROMANIA
- S. Davoodi, M.P. Aghababa, V. Solouk, Improvement of Automatic Extraction of Retina Vessels Using Directional Gradient, 2rd National Conference on New Strategies at Electrical and Computer Engineering, February 2017, Khoramabad, Iran.
- W. Fathi, M.P. Aghababa, V. Solouk, Heuristic Path Routing for Increasing Life-time of the Sensor Networks, 3rd International Conference on Knowledge-based Engineering and Innovation, December, 2016, Tehran, Iran.
- A. Esmaeilzadeh, M.P. Aghababa, Outlier Data Detection Using Intelligent Algorithms Based on Graph Theory, 3rd National Conference on Distributed Computing and Big Data Processing, May 2017, East Azarbayjan, Iran.
- A. Esmaeilzadeh, M.P. Aghababa, A Dynamic Recommender System for webpages based on Petri network models, 3rd National Conference on Distributed Computing and Big Data Processing, May 2017, East Azarbayjan, Iran.
- H.G. Gotorlar, J. Bagerzadeh, M.P. Aghababa, M.S. Osalu, Improving intrusion detection using a novel normalization method along with the use of harmony search algorithm for feature selection Information and Knowledge Technology (IKT), 2015 7th Conference on, Iran, pp. 1-6.
- S. Shahriyary, M.P. Aghababa, Recommender systems on web service selection problems using a new hybrid approach, IEEE 2014 4th International Conference on Computer and Knowledge Engineering, Mashhad, Iran, pp. 177-182.
- S. Khanmohammadi, G. Alizadeh, M. Pourmahmood, Design of a Fuzzy Controller for Underwater Vehicles to Avoid Moving Obstacles, FUZZIEEE Conference, 2007, London, pp: 930-935.
Advanced Nonlinear Control Systems: Theory, Design and Applications, 2018 (in Persian).
Google Scholar Citations
- Associate Editor : International Journal of Machine Learning and Cybernetics (ISI, IF=3.844)
- Associate Editor: Journal of Control, Automation and Electrical Systems (Scopus)
- Editorial Member: Electric Power Components and Systems (ISI)
- Editorial Member: An International Journal of Optimization and Control: Theories & Applications (Scopus)
Journal Referee (selected list)
- IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics
- IEEE Systems, Man and Cybernetics
- Journal of the Franklin Institute
- ISA Transactions
- IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution
- Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology
- International Journal of Electrical Power and Energy Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology
- ASME Journal on Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics
- Applied Soft Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology
- International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation
- Signal Processing
- IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics
- Expert Systems with Applications
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems
- SIAM Journal on Control and Optimization
- Canadian Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Linear Control
- Nonlinear Control
- Differential Equations
- Linear Algebra
- Microprocessors & Microcontrollers
- Electrical Circuits
- Optimal Control
- Adaptive & Robust Control
- Multivaribale Control
- Image Processing
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Fuzzy Logic
- Heuristic Optimization
- C & C++ Programming
- Multi Criteria Decision Making